Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Crofton, MD / in office position
Position Status: Full-time
Pay: $38,000 - $56,000 depending on experience and skills. Benefits include a retirement plan and vacation. Must be willing to undergo background and drug evaluation.
Small Business Advisors (Gambrills), an established and growing accounting services firm, seeks a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies
- Assists clerical and support staff with their assigned duties, particularly when more advanced, skilled, or sensitive work is required
- Prepares agendas, makes travel arrangements, and maintains calendars for senior management
- Oversees telephone services, email correspondence, and mail distribution
- Maintains office supplies inventory
- Maintains records, documentation, and files, particularly more complex or sensitive files such as employee files
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Basic understanding of how to operate standard business equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task
- Willing to work in an environment where urgency is the norm
- “Can-do” work ethic
- Able to “change gears” when necessary
- Ready to “roll up their sleeves” to get the job done
- Accountable and responsible
- Problem solver
- Prepared to “speak up” when necessary
How to apply
To arrange for a confidential interview, email your resume (MS Word) to email@example.com. Include a cover letter answering the following questions:
1. Explain how your skills match the description of the person we need.
2. How much experience do you have in office administration?
3. Do you have experience working with clients? If so, please describe the nature of that responsibility.
4. Can you work several hours of overtime if necessary?
5. Are you capable of multi-tasking? If so, please describe the nature of the tasks.
The owner of the firm will personally review all qualified submissions.
Please visit our website at HYPERLINK "http://www.sbadvisors.cc/" \t "_blank" www.sbadvisors.cc for additional information on our firm.
About Small Business Advisors
We are known as the leading financial services firm serving businesses in Anne Arundel and surrounding counties. We are not a typical accounting firm in the traditional sense; we are a client-focused, service-driven organization committed to the success of each company we serve.
There are four people on our staff, and we work very much like a team. Each is always ready to “chip in” to help each other out when needed. You will be working directly with the owner, a “fair and square” individual committed to the success of each person in the company.