Staff Accountant - Entry Level
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Crofton, MD / in office position
Position Status: Full-time salaried position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours during tax season.
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year, depending on experience.
The Staff Accountant works directly with small business owners and individuals as part of a team – providing accounting services to include bookkeeping, payroll processing, tax preparation and financial analysis. This role is extremely client focused. The ideal Staff Accountant is a highly skilled individual who possesses excellent client service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Description of primary responsibilities
- Provide monthly bookkeeping services, including data entry, bank reconciliations and financial report preparation for a variety of small business clients
- Financial analysis and review
- Weekly payroll processing
- Prepare personal property tax returns (training provided)
- Provide support to team of tax managers
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates qualifying for this opportunity will demonstrate the following accomplishments, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree/equivalent on-track for completion of bachelor degree
- Accounting major preferred
- Full understanding of general accounting principles
- Proficient in QuickBooks Accounting Software, including Quickbooks Online
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and internet research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely client focused
- Capable of multi-tasking and working independently to complete projects before deadline dates
- Understands need for urgency in meeting deadlines
- Embraces personal accountability